Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

The twelfth book I read this year was SPIRIT BOUND by Richelle Mead.  This is the fifth book in the Vampire Academy series, so it's going to be tricky to review this book without giving away what happens in other books.  Therefore, this review is really going to suck.  But here we go.

This book picks up a short time after where the fourth book leaves off.  Rose is taking her trials to become an official guardian.  After completing her trials, she sets off of the journey she promised herself would be the last one that would end everything that she'd left unfinished.  Rose takes her best friend, Lissa, who, she can tell, doesn't really want to go with her, but Lissa already promised her that she would stick with her on this.  Throughout the journey, Rose and Lissa gather up a few more people to help them out and they were fervently on trying to accomplish the one thing that will complete Rose's mission - although it may be a lost cause.  All they can do is hope it works.

When the time comes to use said one thing, something happens and people don't believe it.  They keep someone locked up because they are still scared of said person.  Then some stuff happens and people try to figure things out and at the end...well, nothing works out like it was supposed to. 

I really can't say any more than I already have and I'm aware that this review really sucks, but I refuse to ruin a series for someone because this is the 5th out of 6 books.  But you should read the series!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

2 comments:

Marriah said...

I so love the Vampire Academy Series! I am sad that there aren't goign to be anymore books :( Anyways, the real reson I am contacting you is I have awarded your blog the One Lovely Blog award. PLease see my blog http://ramblingbookmakrs.blogspot.com for more information. Thanks and have a great day
~ Marriah~

Hanna said...

Michelle Read was actually talking about writing a continuation of the series, just from different characters' perspective. I don't know if that's still something she's considering doing or not, but we'll see.

And the link doesn't work, so I have no idea what you're talking about...