Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm sorry

I'm sorry that I've been such a bad blogger lately.  It's not really that I've been busy, in fact I haven't had that much going on.  I've just been really lazy and have had a lot of school work to do or I've just been really tired.  I might be making excuses for not writing, but I've always done that, have I not?

So, in a desperate attempt to make up for my lack of blogging, I will post a poem I wrote that has a lot to do with my current novel/project.  In fact, it's written about the same event where my (current) title comes from.  So I hope you like it.

Catch Me

A gentle quick lift,

As if effortless.
Swing one leg over,
And I'm on top of the world.

I laugh, looking down
At the grass so far down.
You try to hide it,
But you're smiling too.


You tell me you'll flip me
Backwards off your back.
Part of me believes you
Really will.


You promise me
You won't let me fall,
That you'll catch me.
You promise.


You swing one leg
Back over,
And maneuver me somehow
So that I'm falling.


I brace myself to
Meet the ground.
But your arms are around me.
You caught me.


That is the best feeling,
Pressed in your chest,
Smiling at the thought,
As your strong arms hold me.


You kept your promise.
My eyes water, realizing
You loved me enough to
Catch Me.

Have a great week, I'll probably be blogging later this week at some point.

Hanna

No comments: