Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hereafter

So this weekend is a pretty packed weekend - so packed that I literally sat for about a half hour trying to figure out how to fit everything in.  I'm finally going to get some community service in this weekend, I'm going shopping with my lovely grandmother, going on a Spyder (motorcycle thing) ride with my beloved uncle, and possibly going to see a movie.

Before I talk about this amazing movie I want to go see, I want to talk a little bit about the don't ask don't tell policy and the revoking/re-instating of it.  First of all, I've come to the conclusion that soldiers and the military itself weren't ready for this huge change.  Secondly, why on earth should it matter if a soldier is gay?  I'm sorry, but if you're fighting in Afghanistan, I really don't think you'll be wondering who you think is cute or that you're interested in in your unit.  And vise versa, I don't think you'll be worrying about who's gay in your unit.  There are a million other things that should be, and very well are, on their minds over there.  Homophobia isn't one of them.  Thirdly, I want to know who decided to listen to that judge?  My cousin told me that the judge didn't even have power of the army, because the army has their own 'court system' and are not under federal law, therefore the judge had no authority to make that jurisdiction over the army.  Now, as for putting it back in effect, it's better that it's in effect than if it's not.  If it's not in effect, no homosexual may serve in the military.  If it is in effect, homosexuals can serve, but not openly.  I do think it's a dumb of the army to say that someone has to hide who they are to be in the services, considering that these people choose to be in the military, and are not forced.  However, I do understand where they are coming from, but hopefully one day anybody can serve in the military and be themselves.  Just because they have different feelings doesn't mean that they fight any differently nor do they care less about the mission they're on.  If they're fighting for their freedom and for ours, what difference does it make?

So this movie I want to see - "Hereafter" - looks incredibly amazing and actually makes me want to start writing the story project I have in my head and I kind of want to start writing.  I'm pretty sure that made absolutely no sense.  I don't really want to talk about this project, but I will say it's totally different than SOLACE (which is on hold until further notice, if I haven't told you guys already) and that it's a lot more personal than SOLACE, which is kind of hard to imagine.  Anyways, here's the trailer for "Hereafter"



I hope you all have a good weekend.

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: