Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sounds Like Life to Me.

^he's excited because I'm posting again?
Unfortunately, I will not be tying in Darryl Worely's amazing song in any other way than the title. 

I deeply apologize for the lack of posting - again.  There hasn't been a whole lot going on in my life - or at least anything that people in general would be interested in and/or that I felt like writing about.  But I do have some updates and some good news, which, yes, surprises me too.

Update nombre une) I finally finished THINK OF A NUMB3R by John Verdon.  Which makes me very happy - although it is the first book since I finished SISTERS RED by Jackson Pearce back in - what? - July?  Anyway, I look forward to reviewing this book, however I'm really nervous I'll give some of the plot line away.  I guess that's okay, though, because majority of my audience (if you guys are still out there?) is my age and most 14 year olds probably should not read this book...

Update nombre deux) I finally started reading MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins, the third and final book in THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy.  It picks up almost directly where CATCHING FIRE left off.  But it's kind of bitter-sweet to be reading it.  I love these books so much and to be reading the final one, knowing after this there will be no more?  It truly makes me sad.  But I must read it because I already know it will be amazing.

Update nombre trois) Just wanted to give a shout-out to my wonderful uncle who has put in a lot of hard work these past two years to try to make our country a better place.  Hopefully, with the midterm election results, this will be the case.  Uncle, I'm so proud of you and thank you for what you do for our country!

Update nombre quatre) It snowed last night.  It all melted before it hit the ground and none of it stuck.  But it snowed.  November 5th, 2010, it snowed.  Can I get out my pea coat yet?? 

Good news - for once) I started writing again, this past Tuesday.  Granted, it was a poem about Jim that a certain SSG told me wasn't done and needed to be finished.  So I finally finished it - over two months later.  I won't post it here, nor anywhere, because it is VERY personal and probably goes a little more in depth into my emotions than it should.  However, this is a good thing, that I've started writing.  Even if it's nothing major yet, it's a start.  I don't count the letters I write to Jim as writing, though, because that's not creative writing, really.  I'm hoping this is the beginning of getting myself to be me again.  Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

Au revoir,
Officially Inspired

2 comments:

Tessie said...

Ooh I read Mockingjay. It was pretty good, but I think my favorite was Catching Fire. But you'll still love it, I promise :P

That's awesome that you started writing again. It can be really comforting sometimes, even if you know you would never let it see the light of day.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo... I said I wouldn't but I couldn't resist. I AM SO BEHIND. Ugh. But my story is better than last year, haha.

Hope you're doing okay and we're all here for you if you need us.
Ooh and I hope you had a good Halloween :)

Hanna said...

@Tessie - See, I didn't like Catching Fire as much as The Hunger Games. But I am looking forward to Mockingjay.

Writing defintely can be comforting, but it also, a lot of times, opens to wounds that are only beginning to heal and that sucks, so it's going to take some time. More than I thought.

Charlie's doing NaNoWriMo too. I wouldn't have the paitience for it.

Things are as okay as they could be and thank you, Tessie. I'm still amazed by how many people I have to support me.

I need to post pictures from Halloween! Thank you for reminding me.