Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, February 4, 2011

Red Friday

So, many of you may not be aware that this ever existed, but a few years ago there was this thing called "Red Friday" where people would wear red every Friday to show their support and remembrance for our Troops deployed and serving here in the sates.  I participated in this when I remembered it, and over the years kind of forgot about it.  I wasn't for sure that people still acknowledged Red Friday anymore, but I've recently learned that some do. 

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is about, except to expose you all to Red Friday and ask you to please participate.  I know I don't wear red every Friday, I don't have all that much red to wear, but I just ask to please wear red when you can.  And even if you can't wear red on Fridays, I still ask you to remember our Troops and what they are sacrificing for you each and every day - even if they're not deployed they are still making sacrifices for this country and for each and every one of us.  I may just be more acutely aware of it than some other people might be, but I'm asking you to realize it and never forget it.  We shouldn't just honor these men and women on Memorial Day and Veterans Day and other days like that - we should honor them each and every day.  Perhaps not on such a grand scale, but just with who we are and what we do.  We shouldn't bash a war, because - guess what? - the soldiers don't want to be there any more than you want the war to be going on.  But they go there, fight, and some even lay down their own life because they BELIEVE IN THIS COUNTRY.  And THAT'S what I'm asking you to never forget.

Many thanks to Troops & Veterans,
Hanna
^picture copy right of me.^

No comments: