Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Best of Intensions. . .

I feel like I always have the best of intentions to read and write - I don't know how many times I've sat down on my long weekend (almost summer break!) and have said to myself "Okay, writing starts now.  Go."  And absolutely nothing has happened.  And it's odd to me that I haven't been able to write seeing as how I have had a highly emotional week.  Jimmy's "29th" birthday was on the 24th, and then Memorial Day was yesterday.  We also attended my Uncle Drew's ride that he had started.  So the past few days have been nothing short of emotional.  And yet the writing wouldn't come.  Perhaps it's because I felt so drained - and I haven't been feeling the best.

So today's post is going to be short due to the fact that I don't really know what to write about.  You know, I started writing because I thought it would be fun.  I continued writing because I love it.  At this point in my life, I know both things still hold true.  But I also continue to write because I want to touch someone's life the way my favorite novels have touched mine.  I want a reader to be sitting there, turning my pages, and saying to his or her self "Wow, it's like she got me.

I also write - in relation to CATCH ME - because I want to share with the world the great man that it didn't get to know long enough.  I want people to know Jimmy, and in that way, to know all of our Fallen Heroes.  I want people to realize that it's not just a news special, it's not just a heart breaking picture.  After all of that clears away, a family is left, mourning for the rest of their lives.  I want fellow Gold Star family members to realize that it's okay to feel the way they do - especially those who aren't "closely" related and feel that their feelings are unjustified.

I have no idea where that came from. 

But that, dear reader, is why I write.  Or, well, part of it.

No comments: