Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Barnes & Noble...


OMG!! I went to Barnes & Noble last night! It's always an exciting and happy night when I get to go to Barnes & Noble (which I am beginning to like better than Borders...people are kinda...nicer at Barnes & Noble)! So let's re-cap. Shall we?

WE SHALL!!

So, we went to dinner before hand, and the service sucked, so we didn't get out of there until like 8-8:30ish. We headed to Barnes & Noble when I was then told to "Hurry". Yeah. Right. I'm in a bookstore and I'm going to hurry... Anyway, so I was in search of 3 amazing books. 1) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins; 2) Bran Hambric The Farfeild Curse by Kaleb Nation; 3) The Strangely Beautiful Tales of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber. I found CF almost immediately--of course it was on the end isle. I couldn't find Bran Hambric anywhere! So I asked for help and a guy named DaVon helped me and found it. But I could not find Strangely Beautiful ANYWHERE! Seriously--ANYWHERE! So finally I asked for help--again. I don't remember this guy's name...but he looked all of the store and finally found it! Yay! Remember how I was telling you that I'm planning to go to Leanna Renee Hieber's book signing? Well, I guess Leanna had stopped by this B&N (a different one than where the signing is) and signed some books. So the copy I got was already signed. Oh well--I'm still going to the signing--I'll just have her sign another page. ;) So after this hour had passed, I still had to ask them about an ad. I work for a school newspaper and we're selling ads--but they couldn't tell me if they could do it yet--so they'll be in contact with me sometime this week. I hope they can do it!

So, that was my night. I was very happy about the way things turned out and I can't wait to read these books! Even my brother (who fought with Kaleb Nation on YouTube and now hates Kaleb) wants to read Bran Hambric. Which everyone should want to read all of these books. But if you are going to read Catching Fire be sure to read The Hunger Games first. It's a series. ;) Oh and Stephenie Meyer has a comment on the back of Catching Fire!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired.

No comments: