Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snowflakes...


Snowflakes
Hanna

We are each unique

As we land here on Earth
A destiny all our own
Ever since birth.




Sometimes we’re small
And sometimes we’re not
Delicate and frail
Intricate and wrought.


Little cold flakes
Amount to so much
Perhaps that was God’s plan
The way he made us and such.


Like the snow that falls each winter
We are each unique in our own way
Alone we are but a beautiful flower
But together we’re a magnificent bouquet.




As we fall,
Each a gift from God
We land on Earth
Which, at first, is quite odd.




A lot of adjusting,
As you’re well aware
But it’s all quite worth it
Though life’s not fair.




Our icy beings
But warm hearts
Who we are
Sets us apart.




One of a kind
Never the same
As if we’re finger prints
Or a full name.




Each a treasure
As we fall from the Lord above
We meet new friends
And we’re always loved.




We cannot change the world
All on our own
But together we can
And, my, how we’ve shone!




Yes we may but be small snowflakes
Here on God’s big Earth
Be He has a destiny for us
Ever since birth.

This is one of the two Christmas feeling poems that I wrote this year.  I hope you enjoyed it!  The other poem will be posted soon.  It is called How Many of Us? and is a free-verse poem.  Please let me know what you think of this piece! 


Well, I must get back to writing--though I won't say what I'm going to be writing because it's actually a surprise for someone who may or may not read this post but the might is what keeps me from saying.  I should shut up now before I say too much, no?

Have a wonderful and blessed day!


With eternal love and blessings,

No comments: