Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, December 4, 2009

Musings...

Okay, so I'm not exactly sure what I wanted to post about today--I just felt I needed to because I haven't posted in a while.  To be honest, I can't remember my last post off of the top of my head which tells me that it's been a bit too long.  Hmm...that's really going to bother me until I can remember it...Hang on, I need to see. *Opens a new Internet Window*  Whoa!  It's been since Thanksgiving!  (A week and one day ago!) That's quite a while--still not breaking my amazing record of I can't remember the total.  

Like I was saying, I'm not sure what to post about mainly because I haven't had a whole lot going on.  Writer's Block, fighting with Mr. Brunk, hanging with family, reading--same old, same old.  But I did start a new book, which I feel guilty about because I still haven't been able to push through the Bill O'Reilly book, nor have I yet to finish Seer of Shadows by Avi.  But we had a book talk at school yesterday and The Lightning Theif by Rick Riordan happened to be on the list and (I'm going to go against everything I've ever believed in...) since I saw the preview for the movie--I had to read this book!  So, I'm going to read it.  I'm on chapter 4 and so far, it is hilarious and I love it!  There's just one problem with this--it's a series, so I'll probably have to read those books after I finish this one.  Plus add the other books from the book talk to my list of multiple books to read.  *Sigh* The life of a reader.

I got my mid-term today!  I can't believe we're already half way through the second quarter!  I got straight A's.   Yay me!  We also went to our local career center today and that was really cool.  We got to see the labs of different programs and some of them are really great opportunities--but I'm not sure if they're really for me.  The Teaching program seems really great, but teaching isn't my main career goal now.  It's writing.  Although, there's not program I can take that's writing (journalism maybe...but...still...) and there's no degree that qualifies you to publish--or for that matter--that promises you publication.  So...If I did go to the career center--I would go for teaching, and that's what I'd go to college for--but I wish there was something that offered a creative writing lab at the junior and senior level instead of waiting until college.  But teaching would be a great fall back, and it's something I think I'd enjoy.  But writing shall always come first because that's what makes me who I am. 

So, since this post has been very...random, I'm just going to pick a random picture to go with it.  Ah, I do love this picture of Rob.  It's actually on a button I have and that's actually what lead to the 'fight with Mr. Brunk'.  Ha-ha.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: