Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, August 21, 2009

Change is good...I think


Change is something that is inevitable. Inescapable. Something you must face. Right? So why do we detest change, and make it feel unwelcome?

Change is a word that has different weights to it. There're heavy changes, as well as light ones. Sometimes it's hard to determine which weight it is, because sometimes we're so blinded by the fact that something's changing. Change isn't always natural, sometimes it's awkward, and really uncomfortable--but inevitable it is.

Change has always been something I have a hard time coming to terms with. My mom died when I was three, and living in the last place she lived is sometimes hard. I know things need to be changed in the house-new carpets, floors, walls, furniture, ect.-but I hate to change the things that were here when she last was. Those are heavy changes to me, yet not the heaviest.

Changes aren't always so major for me. Like a haircut, that's an extremely light change. I got my hair cut today without a second thought. I don't mind that kind of change.

School starts Tuesday, and, although, we go back to school every year, it still feels like a big change. A new grade, new teachers, new classmates, and new schedules. And sometimes, a new school. My cousin, Katie, is coming to my school this year because she's moving in with her dad, my Uncle Kenny. This is a huge change for her. At her school she knew everybody, it was a very small school. But coming to my school, she won't know anyone-save for me, my brother, and my friends from book club. And to top it off, there are 400 kids in my grade, 800 in the school for 7th and 8th graders. But she seems excited about this change, and I'm happy for her. She seems really happy to be moving in with her dad and coming to my school. So Katie, I wish you luck--and I'm here if you need me.

Change is inevitable...so why do I detest it?

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: