Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, August 14, 2009

Revisions...good or bad?



As I've said, I started revisions last Monday. But suddenly I'm just not feeling like it's the same feel for the novel. I have no clue why. The characters are the same, the character personalities, for the most part, are the same, but for some reason, it's just not "flowing". Which bugs the crap out of me.

I guess the real reason that it's not flowing as easily as it did the first draft is because I've grown a lot as a writer, but I've also changed the whole story line--so that could very well be it. Also, I'm only on chapter three, so I'm still trying to get everything set up. But when I'm re-reading the chapters I've re-written it doesn't sound like my writing--it sounds more amateur...and so I start wondering if I'm wasting my time and then I get all mad at myself. So I'd much rather tell you about happy stuff--Okay?

So first off, my adorable little sister just gave me a Cinderella sticker! Why is this so awesome for me? Because Cinderella is her favorite princess and she just offered it to me! How sweet!

Secondly, Jackson Pearce (one of my many role models and inspirations) has a book coming out on August 25th called As You Wish. She currently lives in Georgia, so on Saturday August 29th, she's having a celebration party at a local Barnes & Nobles. For more info visit her Website http://www.jacksonpearce.com/, subscribe to her on YouTube at www.youtube.com/JacksonAPearce, follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/JacksonPearce. She's a really funny person, and I can't wait for her novels. But if you're going to be in Georgia that weekend, you should definitely stop by. You can meet her and snag a copy of her book. And I think she might be signing them...I'm not sure about that though. (Above is the invitation Miss Pearce posted on her Website. (which I do not own).

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: