Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Isn't it Ironic?







Okay, so I started revisions Monday and so far I've rewritten the preface, chapter one, and most of chapter two. I decided I needed to change Hallie's, my main character, last name. So I was searching the Web for surnames of British origin--because that's where Hallie's ancestors are from. So I found Pearson and I thought it sounded pretty good. Hallie Pearson. So then I went to one of my favorite Websites, http://www.houseofnames.com/ and searched "Pearson" (http://houseofnames.com/fc.asp?sId=&s=Pearson) It turns out the Pearson family originated in Berwickshire, England after the Norman Conquest in 1066. Which I found interesting, because the Great Schism was the same year. Then I decided to search Hallie's lover's last name, Harris. So I typed in "Harris" (http://houseofnames.com/fc.asp?sId=&s=Harris) and it turns out that the Harris family originated in Britina, England after the Norman Conquest of 1066. How ironic is it that I totally chose both surnames at random and they happened to originate in England at the same time? On top of this, when I first chose the surname Harris, I had no clue it was of British origin. So, to me, it's really ironic. But, to me, it also means Hallie Pearson and Edward Harris are meant for each other. <3

Also, in another case of irony I was just thinking about the bone doctor I had in the first grade when I broke my leg and guess what? I saw him today! HEY DR. ROMAN! YOU ROCK! He asked me how I was, looking at my legs, and I looked down and was like "Fine." He asked me if I was having any more pain with my legs and I lied and said "no." No offence Dr. Roman, but I don't want to have to come back to your office any time soon. But if I ever break anything again, I want you as my doctor. No offence, Dr. True (the bone doctor I had when I broke my growth plate in my right foot in third grade). Dr. Roman is awesome though. He's super funny and jokes with you the whole time.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: