Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Back From D.C.!


Hello dear readers! Long time, no post, eh? I'm sorry--I meant to post before I left, but alas, I lost the time.

I left for D.C. on Thursday, traveled all night, and arrived in D.C. around 7AM. On Friday we began our day by going to the Newseum, the National History Museum, the Holocaust Museum, the National Archives, the White House, and the Jefferson Memorial (where my buddy and two others got lost...don't worry, Mr. Brunk 'found our place' which could've been a wet park bench in his opinion...he thought they purposfully let with out me). I may be leaving out a place or two...

Saturday, we started with Arlington, then the Changing of the Guard ceremony, then the Wreath Laying ceremony. After we were done at Arlington, we went to the Washington Cathedral, the Korean and Vietnam walls, the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol Building, the WW2 Memorial, the FRD Memorial, and finally went back to the hotel for the dance. (I was very, very wet this day. It was freezing and never once did the rain let up...)

Sunday, we headed for Gettysburg and after that we headed home. Stopping every two hours for potty breaks, and then stopping for dinner at McDonalds, we arrived home about 10:45PM. I gave my parents their souvenirs, but have yet to see my sister to give her her surprise.

All in all, I'm glad to be home. Mr. Brunk got me wet by flinging his umbrella at me, water proceeded to fall down my face. Nice Mr. Brunk. lol. He was very entertaining while in D.C...we'll leave it at that. He wouldn't like it very much if I posted all of the stories about him here...like he'd ever find this. :D

Pictures are to come...I used disposable cameras apposed to my digital, so I'll scan them onto my laptop when I get them developed.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,

Officially Inspired

No comments: