Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, October 10, 2009

What kind of site is this?


Thy dearest readers, I have something to admit to you. I have nearly forgotten the purpose of this site. It is called Wonderful Writing Website for a reason, I suppose. I haven't talked about writing a whole lot as of yet--and I am sorry for that. And it seems that when I do talk about writing, I am talking only about my writing. I'm sorry, for this site was meant to allow me to vent and for others to become better writers--if I can help in any way.

However, I suppose I could say that anything and everything I post here helps you as a writer, as well as myself. As writers, we must keep our eyes and ears open at all times, allow ourselves to feel, to laugh, to love, to mourn, everything. As writers we must live life. This is something my dad pointed out to me one day, and I am sad to say that I do not remember why he said these words to me, but I truly believe them. The only qualification for being a writer is that you must live life.

Does this mean that anyone could be a writer? Yes and no. Yes because anyone who wants to be a writer, can be. No because not anyone can be a good writer--that takes the time and effort not everyone is willing to give to this special career. See what I mean? Being a writer is a special job, and if you're doing it, you're special--because not many people have the patience, love, and, Lord knows, the self esteem to go through the writing and publishing process.

So, if you're reading this and you're published, congratulations and I'm jealous. If you're reading this and you're an agent/publisher...well...hint, hint. ;) If you're reading this and you're a writer, never give up on your dreams--no matter what. Finally, if you're reading this and you want to be a writer, go for it--and don't let anyone hold you back.

Have a wonderful and blessed day, my dear readers.

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: