Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Writing Mojo...

Hey there dear readers!
I have no idea what happened, but for about two or three weeks, I absolutely could not write anything worth saving.  Nothing would 'flow' and therefore I absolutely hated it.  I just cannot stand to reread something that I wrote when I know it didn't flow.  And I mean even if I skipped ahead and tried to write a scene that I really wanted to write, I just couldn't.  Like I said, I have no idea what happened. 

But Friday night I got my writing mojo back.  THANK GOD!  I think I was starting to get it back a little during the week, but during the school week, I just don't have a whole lot of time to write.  Which angers me, especially now because it's almost at the end of the school year.  Anyway, I did a lot of writing/outlining Friday night and Saturday night.  I'm still not totally recovered, but I'm getting there. 

I've been trying to figure out what caused this, so that I can avoid it in the future.  But I suppose that it might have all started about that time I wrote that twin poem for my teacher.  And it's continued up until now because there's been so much going on.  I haven't even had time to read - let alone write!  (My apologies to Leanna Renee Hieber.  I still haven't finished TDLFFPP)

In other news, Spirt Bound by Richelle Mead comes out this Tuesday!  I'm going to try my
hardest to finish Darkly Luminous by Tuesday so I can start SB.  We'll see.  I haven't had a lot of reading time this weekend because I got my hair cut and that took two hours!  *And she still cut it wrong.  Ugh.  She didn't put the second layer in.  Grrr* Then, my brother had a baseball game, which was rather boring.  But I did see two teachers from my school there.  And today I have to do my history homework because I've put it off until today.  (And I REALLY hate weekend homework.) And it's my great-grandpa's birthday today, so they're having a party for him tonight.

Maybe I should retitle this post "Excuses for not reading Leanna's amazing book and for not writing my awful novel"  =D

Yesterday was Armed Forces day, so I just want to say thank you to everybody in the Armed Forces!  Without you, our country would be nothing!  People like you are what makes America the land of the Free!  Thank you - your country is forever in your debts!  God Bless you and may He bring you all home safely!

Oh, and Dr Who is quite amazing this season.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.  Matt Smith is really good - he might almost be tied with David Tennant.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings!
Officially Inspired

No comments: