Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, July 16, 2010

Motavation

Okay, so as anyone who knows me probably knows I'm not the easiest person to motavate when I don't want to be motavated.  Now, before I go on with this, let me say that being motavated and be determined and devoted are two VERY different things.

So my issue is that I can't get motavated to write.  And it's not even that I'm at a point where I don't know what I want or need to write next, it's just that I can't write it.  Not that it's a scene that I don't like or that's a painful scene, no.  I just can't write it.  I have the words in my head, but I can't write it.  It's not that I'm not devoted to the story or determined to put everything I have into it - it's just that I can get motavated.  Perhaps it's because I usually don't get up until 11 - noon-ish.

I feel like I'm wasting my prime writing time in the summer because I've finished one whole chapter this whole summer.  Anyone have any suggestions to cure this horrid condition that I'm sure has to be some kind of mental disease?

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I had this same problem for a while. I'd get distracted a lot and just get on the internet or I'd stop writing completely for a long time. I've found that watching videos of authors at book signings and things are extremely motivational. I especially enjoy watching Kaleb Nation like when he got his first copies of his book or when he signed his contract. It gives you the drive that you're looking for to keep on working towards your dream. If he can do it, why can't you?

Hanna said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Kaleb Nation himself is just soo inspirational. Love him!