Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Toy Story 3

I went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday with my dad and my brother.  I'd been wanting to go see it since it came out, and just now had the chance.  I even re-watched the first two to remind myself how much I love those movies.  I don't care what other people may think about me watching Toy Story in my free time, and I did try to use my little sister as an excuse, but she soon got distracted.  I realized that there were several hints in Toy Story 2 as to what Toy Story 3 would be about. 

Toy Story 3 definitely lived up to my expectations, and it's amazing how suspenseful a movie about toys can be.  But so many times you're really not sure if Buzz and Woody will save the other toys.  Not all of the gang is still there, a lot have been sold, but Andy held onto the main characters.  The whole movie is pretty much about growing up and moving on, from a toy's point of view.  They haven't been played with in years, and when given the opportunity to be played with again they have to choose to go against what they've always lived by - it's their duty to be there for Andy no matter what - or stay in a box somewhere.

I have to admit, I cried.  It amazed me how emotional a movie about toys can be, but it was really sad and touching.  It made me want to go home and find Mommy Bear (my favorite stuffed animal) and hug her and promise her I'd never stop loving her.  And I did.  Never again will I stuff her into my closet and pile a bunch of crap on top of her.  When I was a kid, if I spent the night anywhere, she went with me.  I slept with her every night, up until I was about ten.  Of course, I didn't get her until I was like seven.  She belonged to my mom, and my grandma gave her to me.  But you know, I still have to take my mom's old pillow with me when I go anywhere over night, and I have to have it to sleep. 

I think the whole point of Toy Story is to make us realize that no matter how old you are, some part of your childhood still lives inside you.  Memories, friends, games...toys.  And you're never too old for any of it.

Go see this movie!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: