Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 years...




Two years ago today I sat down at my computer and began writing my novel. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to write about. I didn't even know what my character's name was going to be, or how old she was, or anything. I had absolutely nothing.

But I wanted to write.

So I wrote what, through draft one, I called an 'interjection'. You see when I read a book I often think what the author was thinking when s/he wrote...this part. So my plan was to interject during the story and write a little bit about what I had written. Well, until my friends convinced me that it was kind of stupid--no body would really want to read why I had written what I had written. My last interjection in draft one was something about how Mr. Brunk thought we were all going to die when Swine Flu was first reported. That was like in May? I stopped after that.

On January 16th, 2008 I finished reading Twilight which was the reason I started writing. Here are the reasons I continue to write.

  • I feel I owe everything that may become of my writing to Stephenie Meyer and I feel I must repay her.
  • My Uncle had faith in me--and from Heaven, I want him to see me published.
  • Leanna Renee Hieber inspires me constantly on such a personal level that she's made me feel like my dream is getting closer every day.
  • My family supports me and wants nothing but the best for me.
  • My friends encourage me to know the limit is the sky, so shoot for the moon, and be a star.
  • My writing mentor may just kill me if I give up. ;) Just kidding--she has so much faith in me, sometimes it makes me feel like it's her story.
  • Some people don't think I can do it--I like to prove people wrong.
So there you have it. Above is a picture I thought I had posted on my blog before. It's draft one printed out.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,

Officially Inspired






No comments: