Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Words I Could Say...


So, Saturday night I had a very awesome idea for a book, which, obviously, I can't post here, but the title is the title of this blog post. I'm very excited about it, but I'm still focusing on my actual novel. When I write The Words I Could Say I'm going to take a different approach than I did with No Title. Well, duh. I actually want to know everything about the story--which I already have a lot maped out in just the few paragraph outline. I still don't know the character's name or who she's going to end up talking to--but I do have a pretty good idea. And I think a lot of the characters I originally wanted in NT that I had to take out because of character-overload, will end up in Words. Just because they were based off of actual people, and well...I can't say that--it might give something away.
There were two(kinda three) things that really inspired this story. I will say that here.
  1. Saturday's Demons on BBC-America
  2. Rascal Flatt's 'Words I Couldn't Say'
  3. My cousin Jimmy

So, I really need to work on NT today. I know what I need to write, but it's hard to actually write it. I need to work on balancing text and dialogue. And my bro needs to stop telling me michigan jokes.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,

Officially Inspired

No comments: