Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Book Of 2010!


So I finally finished The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan!  I absolutely loved it!  Although I basically knew nothing about Greek mythology, Percy gives you the backstories and everything that's totally natural.  It was a wonderful mixture of action, suspence, humor, reality, relationships, and friendship that kept me turning pages and almost wishing I was a demigod.  Reading this book, I almost believed that I was a demigod!  Percy Jackson is 12 and he's a hero already--although this book is fiction, I found this book giving me the hope that, with the right people, I can do anything that I want to do if I'm determined to do it.  Percy has his friends, Annabeth and Grover, behind him every step of the way, no matter how huge of a mess Percy ends up in.  He makes it to every place that everyone says he won't live through, and finally ends his quest (I won't tell you if he succeeded or not).  It makes me feel like I can do that.  You know?  Do what no one thinks I can do, become something that no body thinks I can be.  In an odd, unexpected, way this novel was inspiring.  I would recomend this book to people of all ages!  (Probably 11+ or so...)

Although I loved this book, I am taking a break from Percy Jackson.  No doubt that I WILL come back to the series, but I still have so many books to read!  Next up either Emma or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  Can't decide yet.

But don't forget--The Lightning Thief movie is out February 12th!!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired.

No comments: