Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I love (the) Ohio State University!

So I went to the Ohio State Spring Game yesterday and I was AMAZED!  I mean, the campus in itself is huge, but the Horseshoe (Ohio Statium) is...WOW!  We climbed all the way to the top seat and Oh.  My.  Goodness.  I thought I was going to die.  We were up so high...and there was a chance for more rain.  I kept wondering if it was going to start raining again, but I rationed that at least we'd be the first to know.

I got a lot of info about campus via text message from my awesome, genius cousin Brent, who graduated from OSU a few years back.  I located his old dorm building (Taylor, which is for HONOR students) and I want to have a dorm there as well.  He also told me other building names that I tried to locate. 

The Sping Game ticket also included the men's lacrosse vs Air Force.  It was actually quite entertaining to watch.  I've been interested in the game for a while, but this was the first time I've actually seen it played.  I can't play it for my school though because you have to join the club and it costs like $200 to join.   And that's not even saying that I'd enjoy it.  I've been known the quit sports because I can't deal with the heat, so I need to stay out of the kitchen.  (Literally, the heat gives me a migraine.)  Anyway, I had a great time outside of the football fandom.

When we climbed to the top seat, the BDBITL (the Best D*** Band In The Land) played the National Anthem.  From that far up, you could see everyone taking off their hats and standing up, and it just really made me proud to be an American, and an Ohioan for that matter.  Seeing how much respect everybody gives for the country (added to the fact that there were troops there) just really made my heart swell with pride.  No matter where life may take me, I know I'll stay true to my roots of Ohio because, even if Ohio isn't the most exciting state, it's definitely a prideful state, and one that I'm proud to originate from.  I can only imagine how it will feel to actually be a student there.  When we all stood up to sing Carmon Ohio I realized just how much respect Ohio State has earned - like the buckeye leaf stickers the players wear on their helmets - and I can't wait to be a student there. *they didn't do script Ohio at the Spring Game*

I think the overall ambiance of the campus just made life look a little more positive - especially with recent hard times.  It almost gave me the impression that maybe - just maybe - everything isn't going wrong in the world.  It's strange how a college can make me feel this way - especially since I still have a little over four years before I could start there.  But I know that's where I want to go.  Don't get me wrong, Wooster is beautiful and the dorm buildings are a lot prettier, but Ohio State has so much history and so much pride there...I would be proud to call myself an Ohio State Buckeye. 

If I do end up going to OSU, I want to be on the football team.  Or some athletic team.  Can you guess what position? MASCOT!  I abso-freaking-lutely adore Brutus Buckeye and I think it would be SO much fun to be him.  But I would have to be Brutus for fall and winter sports, maybe spring, because I couldn't stand to be Brutus in hot weather.  But hey, this is Ohio, there's no guarantee that I won't experience hot days no matter what the season.

I took all of my pictures on my cell phone, so once I transfer them to my computer I will post them in a video most likely. 

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With eternal love and blessings,
Officially Inspired A Buckeye
O-H?
(I-O!)

No comments: