Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Friday, June 12, 2009

...Must...Stop...Cleaning...

So I've been cleaning all day today. I really am hoping that that will allow me to write until my fingers fall off. *That's a hyperbole by the way* But you see I'm faced with a problem.

I told myself I had to be done with the first draft of my novel by my birthday this year. My birthday is Sunday, June 14th, 2009. I started my novel on January 14th, 2008. So that gave me a year and five months to lay out the bare bones. Simple. I thought so until June actually came.

Since Sunday is my birthday, and my "deadline", I've been extra busy. Usually, my party is not on my actual birthday, but because of Daddy's schedule, it had to be. So the past few days, instead of writing, writing, writing, I've been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. I did some SERIOUS cleaning today, so I'm really hoping that'll allow me to do some SERIOUS writing now. Because cleaning helps Writer's Block--or so I think.

More about my deadline. Even if I don't make it, it's not going to change anything. I'll still write that novel. I just told myself in January '08 that if I don't give myself a deadline, I'll never bring myself to actually write the book. I had no idea what I was going to write about. I just knew I wanted to write. Would I recommend this approach to anyone else? NO! It's not always going to work. It probably wouldn't have worked for me had I been who I am now apposed to then. I was dumb then. It shows in my writing. It's really choppy and bad. I mean BAD. I'll come back to this subject later as well.

As for right now, I need to get some writing done. :)

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

No comments: