Uta Hagen--

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre."

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Writer's Block (at the worst possible time)

Hey there! Ugh! I have Writer's Block...again. But this time it's at the worst possible time! I "have" to be done with my book BY TOMORROW!

Now, I know this goal will probably not be attainable. I still have 3 days to cover in my novel and there's a lot that still needs to happen. I'm totally stressed. My writing mentor's helping me through it. She's reading what I have so far and telling me what she thinks would be in the best interest of the story--which, at times, is hard for me to hear. I love my characters and story so much, but sometimes you have to deal with losing someone, and so far I'm for sure losing one character and might be losing a second one. Which is okay. I guess. They're not that important. Although, a dog might have to go too. Not sure on that yet though.

Revisions are coming up and I have a list of things right-off-the-bat that I need to change. If this ever publishes I pity the editor that has to edit it. Ha-ha. My spell check stopped working about 80 pages ago. ;)

For now, I guess I must go. I can't clean or anything because everything is clean. I could dust my bookshelf...again. I love books.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

With love and blessings,
Officially Inspired

Oh, and since I didn't get to talking much about writing today. You can check out my writing vlog on YouTube at www.youtube.com/ILuvRobPattinson. It's the featured vlog on my page--so feel free to watch those and contact me with any questions or ideas for writing vlogs at ILuvRobPattinson@gmail.com or contact me via YouTube and ask/ tell me. Also, please tell me you read my blog on blogspot.com!

No comments: